A portlet that uses the Piwik open source analytics system to display how many people are using your Plone site at the moment
collective.piwik.now displays a portlet with the number of users currently using your Plone site.
The Piwik open source analytics system (http://piwik.org/) is used to store the usage data.
How to get it working
- You need to have access to a working Piwik installation. Create a new site in the Piwik admin UI and provide the view permission to anonymous users.
- You need to make a small change at the tracking tag adding the line “var site_id = X;”, replacing X with your Piwik site_id For example, if in the Piwik code you have: var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker(pkBaseURL + “piwik.php”, 6); then site_id = 6 in your case
- Install the “Online users” add-on from the Plone control panel
- Add the “Online users” portlet from the manage portlets form in the context you want it to appear. At this step you can configure the session timeout in minutes: The time of inactivity after which a user is no longer considered to be online.
The product was created by Unweb.me during the Bristol 2010 Plone conference. Thanks to Engagemedia.org for sponsoring our tickets and registrations.
- Dimitris Moraitis, dimo at unweb.me
- Markos Gogoulos, mgogoulos at unweb.me
- Mike Muzurakis, clopy at unweb.me
- Initial release