A content type, workflow, and portlet for conducting online polls, for anonymous and logged-in users.
Table of Contents
- Life, the Universe, and Everything
- Mostly Harmless
- Don’t Panic
- Not entirely unlike
- Share and Enjoy
A content type, workflow and portlet for conducting online polls, for anonymous and logged-in users.
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add collective.polls to the list of eggs to install:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.polls
If you are using Plone 4.2 you need to add the following also:
[versions] ... collective.js.jqueryui = 18.104.22.168
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to ‘’collective.polls’’ and click the ‘Activate’ button.
You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
- Polls can be opened for anonymous users to vote
- If an open poll is allowed for anonymous but is inside a private folder, nobody can vote. Therefore the poll’s parent folder needs to be published before opening the poll in order for this field to take effect
- Voting can take place either in the object or in a voting portlet;
- The voting portlet can show the latest open poll or ab specific open poll and closed polls
- Users can see partial results of the poll
- Results can be shown using a bar chart, a pie chart, or just by number of votes
- Polls can have relations with other content in the site
The workflow associated with polls has the following states: ‘Private’, ‘Pending review’, ‘Open’ and ‘Closed’.
- Polls are created in ‘Private’ state; only Owner, Manager, Editor or Site Administrator roles can modify them.
- When a poll is in ‘Private’ state it can be sent to ‘Pending review’ or directly to ‘Open’ state, if the user has the proper role (Reviewer, Manager or Site Administrator).
- When a poll is in ‘Pending review’ state it can be edited by Manager, Editor, Reviewer or Site Administrator roles.
- A poll in ‘Pending review’ state can be sent to ‘Open’ state, with “Review portal content” permission, or to Private, with “Request review” permission.
- When the poll is ‘Open’ users can only vote; nobody can modify the poll in any way.
- An ‘Open’ poll can be sent to ‘Private’ or ‘Closed’ state by Reviewer, Manager or Site Administrator roles.
- When an ‘Open’ poll is sent to ‘Private’, all votes are removed to avoid data manipulation.
- When a poll is in ‘Closed’ state nobody can modify it, nor can anyone vote on it; a closed poll can always be reopened by usera with proper permissions.
- Plone PoPoll
- A very old an unmaintained product, PoPoll includes a poll tool that allows member or anonymous to vote for one or more answers. A portlet is provided. It can be configured to display the last poll, or the first poll of a folder. After the vote statistics screens are shown.
There’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.
- The display of poll results was refactored to avoid issues with reverse proxies like Varnish; updates are now handled client-side using AJAX calls (closes #96). [rodfersou]
- Add Poll tile for collective.cover. [hvelarde]
- Add upgrade step to remove missing resource from JS registry (fixes #83). [hvelarde]
- Update German translation. [mbaechtold]
- Added Czech translation [naro]
- Remove @@legendothers_translation.js because it is not used anywhere. [rafaelbco]
- Make the add-on aware of subsites (INavigationRoot) [rafaelbco]
- Implement show_total for the portlet (closes #64). [marcosfromero]
- Depend on plone.api. [hvelarde]
- Remove dependency on unittest2; package is not going to be tested under Python 2.6 anymore. [hvelarde]
- Drop support for Plone 4.1. [hvelarde]
- Add French translation. [toutpt]
- Tested for Plone 4.3 compatibility. [ericof, hvelarde]
- Anonymous voters can now vote again on a reopened poll (fixes #35). [ericof]
- Remove cmf.ManagePortal permission when editing the portlets. [flecox]
- Fix refreshing the portlet. Previously no html would be returned when the portlet was defined on a default page. The refresh would fail with a ComponentLookupError when used inside a panel of collective.panels. [maurits]
- Fixing jQuery bug when doing AJAX call in portlet. [flecox]
- Test compatibility with Plone 4.3. [hvelarde]
- Bump up version of collective.z3cform.widgets dependency to 1.0b3. [hvelarde]
- Declare Pillow as a package dependency. [hvelarde]
- Add Dutch translation. [fredvd]
- Fixed permissions checks for anonymous users when a poll is at the root level of the site (fixes #61). [vincentpsarga]
- EnhancedTextLinesFieldWidget widget was updated; new features (like inline editing and reordering) are now available. [hvelarde]
- Added the ‘open’ transition to the ‘closed’ state, that way, polls can be re-opened after they were closed (closes #53). [frapell]
- Multiple poll charts can be rendered in one page. [Quimera]
- Multiple poll portlets can be rendered in one page. [Quimera]
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation. [rafahela]
- Add translation functionality for the ‘Others’ string and translate it to German. [eschmutz]
- Fixed translation strings for actions on poll workflow; updated Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese translations. [hvelarde]
- Update German translations. [tschanzt]
- allow_anonymous field is always shown (fixes #51). [hvelarde]
- Some refactoring on tests was done; we now test for CSS installation and removal. [hvelarde]
- DataGridField widget was replaced with EnhancedTextLinesFieldWidget. [flecox, hvelarde]
- Fix UnicodeDecodeError in PossiblePolls vocabulary when we have a poll with umlauts in the title. [elioschmutz]
- Add German translation. [elioschmutz]
- Tested for Plone 4.2 compatibility. [hvelarde]
- Updated Dexterity version requirement (we want to use latest version to avoid any issues). [hvelarde]
- Added a nice hack to include both README.txt and README.rst in the package declaration. [hvelarde]
- Pie chart is now shown when all votes go to one option (issue #27). [flecox]
- Ajax load of partial results on portlet (issue #37). [Quimera]
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation. [ericof]
- Added option to control if portlet shows closed polls when no open ones are available (issue #32). [ericof]
- Added validation for Poll options (issue #31). [ericof]
- Add a subscriber to erase votes when poll is sent back to revision (issue #33). [ericof]
- Fix Anonymous permissions to View and Vote on polls. [ericof]
- Modify workflows and permissions to be consistent with the ones used in Plone. [ericof]
- Fixed MANIFEST.in file. [nueces]
- Renamed the workflow state to ‘Opened’ instead of ‘Published’ (issue #26). [frapell]
- Updated tests and translations. [frapell]
- Added the pieChart to the portlet (issue #23). [frapell]
- Made the poll redirect to the place where the vote was casted (issue #22). [frapell]
- Updated Spanish translation. [hvelarde]
- Fixed permissions on private and pending states (issue #20). [hvelarde]
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|collective.polls-1.8.1-py2-none-any.whl (117.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2||Wheel||Dec 11, 2015|
|collective.polls-1.8.1.tar.gz (89.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Dec 11, 2015|