User activity portlet
The user track portlet shows users that are currently active in your Plone site. It uses the plone.validatehook to get information from the Zope webserver.
You can configure the users shown in the portlet using several options:
- This option determines how long the system will wait before it considers a user to no longer be active.
- With this option you can filter the users shown based on their roles. You can use this to only show editors for example.
- This option influences how the role check is done. If you select a content type here the system will walk up through the breadcrumb trail and look for the first item of a selected type. The roles of the user at that location will be used when applying the roles check.
The default configuration uses a global dictionary through DictStorage for storing userinformation. This will not work with multiple ZEO clients in separate processes that don’t share this dictionary. To use the usertrack portlet with a ZEO setup, install memcached and use the “MemcacheStorage” by using the following zcml snippet in an overrides.zcml somewhere:
factory=”collective.portlet.usertrack.storage.MemcacheStorage” provides=”collective.portlet.usertrack.interfaces.ITrackerStorage” />
- Fixed a bug where in some cases on some Plone versions you can get an error on loading the ZCML because of a missing permission.
- No changes since beta.
- The portlet now links each user to the users author page.
1.0 - October 26, 2010
- Fix improper check on portal type in usertrack.py
- Implement ZEO support through different storages, specifically through the MemcacheStorage. The traditional behaviour is preserved through the DictStorage which is still the default. [ivo] 2009-05-24
- Fix bad spelling in portlet CSS class name.
- To avoid confusion, add “.dev” suffix to version.txt as long as a new version is not released. [kdeldycke] 2009-05-12
- Add french translation. [kdeldycke] 2009-04-23
- Add Spanish translation.
- Add Master Template translation. [macagua] 2009-02-17
1.0a1 - August 1, 2008
- Initial release. [wichert]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for collective.portlet.usertrack-1.1.1.zip