prettyPhoto integration for Plone.
prettyPhoto is a jQuery based lightbox clone. Not only does it support images, it also add support for videos, flash, YouTube, iFrames and ajax.
It’s a full blown media lightbox. The setup is easy and quick, plus the script is compatible in every major browser.
The original implementation can be found here: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/
This plugin has been tested and is known to work in the following browsers:
- Firefox 3.0+
- Google Chrome 10.0+
- Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Safari 3.1.1+
- Opera 9+
collective.prettyphoto integrates prettyPhoto 3.1.2 into Plone.
This package requires Plone 3.x or later (tested on 3.3.5 and 4.0.7).
Installing without buildout
Install this package in either your system path packages or in the lib/python directory of your Zope instance. You can do this using either easy_install or via the setup.py script.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing collective.prettyphoto is even simpler. You can install collective.prettyphoto by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
[instance] eggs = collective.prettyphoto
After updating the configuration you need to run the ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
collective.prettyphoto adds a new view for Topics, Folders and Large Plone Folders: Thumbnail view (prettyPhoto).
To use prettyPhoto for inline elements just add ‘prettyPhoto’ from the styles menu (Kupu and TinyMCE) to the link.
collective.prettyphoto can be customized via property sheet (go to ZMI, portal_properties, prettyphoto_properties).
- pp_default (default)
- normal (default)
- opacity: value from 0.0 to 1.0 (default: 0.80)
- show_title: show the title for images? (default: True)
- counter_sep: the separator for the gallery counter 1 “of” 2 (default: “/”)
- autoplay: automatically start videos? (default: True)
- iframe_width: the width of the iframe (must be percantage, default: 75%)
- iframe_height: the height of the iframe (must be percantage, default: 75%)
- overlay_gallery: If set to true, a gallery will overlay the fullscreen image on mouse over (default: False, the bug (http://bit.ly/eKYdrF) is fixed since 0.4.1 (pP 3.0.3) but your image url has to contain (jpg|jpeg|png|gif) somewhere)
- slideshow: interval time in ms, 0 to disable slideshow (default: 0)
- autoplay_slideshow: automatically start slideshow? (default: False, only woks when slideshow > 0)
- deeplinking: rewrite the browser location to enable directlinks to overlay images (default: False)
- social_tools: html markup for social links within image overlays (twitter, FB, …) (default: empty) see http://bit.ly/pDQ19A for detailed information
Copyright and Credits
prettyPhoto is developed by Stephane Caron (http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com) and is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
Author of collective.prettyphoto: Thomas Massmann (email@example.com).
- more manifest packaging madness
- fix bug with sdist packaging [jensens]
- corrected the global js-function [bennyboy]
- Made it possible to later (i.e. after ajax calls) bind prettyphoto to images. thus we have a global js-function plonePrettyPhotoEnable now. Also did some housekeeping, added integrated buildout, gitignore, … [jensens]
Fixed parameter names used to configure prettyPhoto and added autoplay_slideshow.
Previously titles have been shown although show_title has been set to False in prettyphoto_properties. [fRiSi]
Finish update to 3.1.2 by updating css and images and adding the new pp_default theme (which is the new default btw ;-) [fRiSi]
- Upgraded to prettyPhoto 3.1.2 and implemented two new properties: deeplinking , social_tools [petschki]
- Upgraded to prettyPhoto 3.0.3 . This fixes thumbnails in overlay_gallery partly because the regular expression now looks for a (jpg|jpeg|png|gif) within the whole url. if your originaly linked images are completely without this, they still wont show up. [petschki]
- fixed overlay_gallery property defaults to “False” [petschki]
- Upgraded to prettyPhoto library including it’s css and image sprite to 3.0.1 to fix issues with jQuery 1.4.4 (see http://bit.ly/hxYUrt) which is shipped with latest Plone 4 by default. This fixes #2. [saily]
- Added default thumbnails for ‘overlay_galleries’ feature. [saily]
- Added ‘overlay_gallery’ and ‘slideshow’ as additional configuration options but disabled by default cause of a bug in jquery.prettyPhoto.js which avoids displaying thumbnails not ending on (jpg|jpeg|png|gif). See http://bit.ly/eKYdrF [saily]
- Fixed iframe configuration (width was used for height too) [fRiSi]
- Fixed install issue with Plone 4 (Large Plone Folder was removed). [hpeteragitator]
- Set version in metadata.xml to 1, since this has nothing to do with the package version. [tmassman]
- Fixed version numbers and missing upgrade steps. [tmassman]
- Added custom browserlayer. [tmassman]
- Upgrade to prettyPhoto 2.5.6 [tmassman]
- Don’t fail when installing on sites w/o kupu (plone4 compatibility). [fRiSi]
- Fixed wrong kupu styles. [tmassman]
- Added iFrame support (use ‘prettyPhoto Iframe Link’ for external sites) [tmassman]
- Initial release [tmassman]