zc.buildout recipe for installing the Selenium RC distribution.
This package downloads and installs Selenium RC using zc.buildout. It is based on hexagonit.recipe.download.
[buildout] parts = seleniumrc [seleniumrc] recipe = collective.recipe.seleniumrc
If no options are specified, the recipe downloads from http://selenium.googlecode.com/files/selenium-server-standalone-2.0rc2.jar .
A control script is created based on the part name. In the case above, the control script created is bin/seleniumrc.
FYI, there is the Python selenium module which allows to control Selenium RC.
The recipe let you also choose the exact version of Selenium RC to be used:
[buildout] parts = seleniumrc [seleniumrc] recipe = collective.recipe.seleniumrc url = http://selenium.googlecode.com/files/selenium-server-standalone-2.0rc1.jar md5sum = 19ac13b18cdc6840dd32678215d38e1b
In case you still need to use Selenium RC 1.x, you need to ask explicitely to unzip the download:
[buildout] parts = seleniumrc [seleniumrc] recipe = collective.recipe.seleniumrc url = http://selenium.googlecode.com/files/selenium-remote-control-1.0.3.zip md5sum = 8935cc7fe4dde2fd2a95ddd818e7493b download-only = false
Sometimes, you may want to use another Java executable:
[buildout] parts = seleniumrc [seleniumrc] recipe = collective.recipe.seleniumrc java-cmd = /home/www/java/bin/java
To suppress all default values (e.g., to install without verifying the MD5 checksum), use the ‘no-defaults’ option:
[buildout] parts = seleniumrc [seleniumrc] recipe = collective.recipe.seleniumrc url = http://selenium.googlecode.com/files/selenium-remote-control-1.0.3.zip java-cmd = /home/www/java/bin/java no-defaults = True
Open Source License - Zope Public License v2.1
Jordan Baker (hexsprite), Author - jbb <at> scryent.com
Asheesh Laroia - asheesh <at> creativecommons.org
Hanno Schlichting - hannosch <at> plone.org
Godefroid Chapelle - gotcha <at> bubblenet.be
Maik Roder - roeder <at> berg.net
Tres Seaver - tseaver <at> palladion.com
Marc Abramowitz - marc <at> marc-abramowitz.com
- Updated the default Selenium RC version to the latest (2.0rc2). Thanks to Marc Abramowitz for the patch.
- Updated the default Selenium RC version to the latest (1.0.3).
- Added support for suppressing all default configuration values using ‘no-defaults’.
- Made the runner shell aware of Firefox 3.5.
- Made the recipe compatible with versions of Selenium RC up to 1.0.3.
- Changed runner shell from /bin/sh to /bin/bash to avoid problems on systems where /bin/sh != /bin/bash. [hexsprite]
- Adding documentation about choosing the exact Selenium RC version, and selecting the exact Java binary [maikroeder]
- Updated to latest version of SeleniumRC 1.0.1. [maikroeder]
- Updated the long_description to go on PyPI. Still needs some formatting work. [hexsprite]
- Updated to latest version of SeleniumRC 1.0-beta-2. [hannosch]
- Added patches to look for firefox in the PATH in common places. Added MOZ_NO_REMOTE environment variable to force Firefox to spawn new instance. (patches from Asheesh Laroia)
- Fixed to work with Selenium 1.0 beta 1. (patches from Asheesh Laroia)
- Default distribution changed to Selenium 1.0 beta 1
- initial version created at Plone Conference 2007 in Naples. [hexsprite]