Restrict addable portlet types
This packages allows you to restrict the available portlets that non-Managers can add.
- On any page where portlets can be added, the product checks a list of portlets that are restricted to only Managers. This includes the personal dashboard.
- There is a control panel for selecting which portlets to disallow for non-Managers.
This package is tested on Plone 4.3 and 5.0.
It should be fine for Plone 4.1 and 4.2 as well:
- It patches a method from plone.portlets that has not changed since version 2.0 (Plone 4.0).
- We need plone.app.registry for our setting and the control panel, so this means Plone 4.1.
The most important part of this package is a small monkey patch for plone.portlets.manager.PortletManager.getAddablePortletTypes. If you have other code that patches this, it may not work.
After you install the product in the Plone add-ons control panel, by default these portlets are restricted:
- Classic portlet
- Login portlet
You can make them available again in the Restrict portlets control panel.
This product has been translated into:
- Dutch (Maurits van Rees)
Install collective.restrictportlets by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.restrictportlets
and then running bin/buildout. Now you can activate it in the add-ons control panel and configure it in the Restrict portlets control panel.
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
Work on collective.restrictportlets has been made possible by The Flemish Environment Agency, or VMM. See https://www.vmm.be. VMM operates as an agency of the Flemish government for a better environment in Flanders. Flanders is one of the three Belgian regions with its own government, parliament and administration. The other two are the Brussels-Capital Region and the Walloon Region.
- Maurits van Rees, email@example.com
- Initial release. [maurits]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.restrictportlets-1.0a1.tar.gz (46.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for collective.restrictportlets-1.0a1.tar.gz