Manage CMFEditions Histories
collective.revisionmanager is a Plone add-on that lets you manage Products.CMFEditions histories. It can be used with Plone 5.0 and Plone 4.3. You will need Products.CMFEditions version >= 2.2.16.
- Sorted listing of histories storage (portal_historiesstorage) contents. Sort by: history id, number of versions, history size, size state, portal type or path
- Purge revisions or delete entire histories
- Maintain a cache for the statistics
- Plone controlpanel interface for portal_purgepolicy
Brazilian Portuguese, German and Spanish translations are available.
Install collective.revisionmanager by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.revisionmanager
and then running bin/buildout. During installation, collective.revisionmanager will check wether the cmf_uid catalog index is there - if not, the index will be added and indexed. This step may require a considerable amount of time depending on the number of objects and object revisions in your database. Also, a cache for the statistics will be created.
After installation, you will have to calculate the statistics initially before you can see anything. Statistics calculation was done automatically during installation in earlier releases, but for sites with large databases and limited memory it may be necessary to configure subtransactions prior to updating the cache.
Before you can use collective.revisionmanager you need to fill its history statistics cache. You can do so by visting Plone Control Panel -> Addon Configuration -> Manage Revisions and then clicking on the Recalculate Statistics button. Calculation may take a lot of time if you have lots of objects and object revisions in your database.
You will have to recalculate statistics from time to time to keep them up to date at intervals depending on database activity.
Dealing with catalog inconsistencies
If the installation fails with an AttributeError in Products.ZCatalog.CatalogBrains, your portal_catalog is inconsistent and you need to rebuild it. As a quick workaround, you can also simply clear (or even delete) the cmf_uid catalog index - collective.revisionmanager will rebuild it during installation. But be aware that your portal_catalog is still inconsistent and needs rebuilding.
Always make sure the cmf_uid index is consistent because it is used to determine the working copy of a history. Incorrectly indexed content will show up as having no working copy in the histories list!
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/collective/collective.revisionmanager/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/collective/collective.revisionmanager
- Documentation: tbd
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Thomas Schorr, email@example.com
- Hector Velarde
- Fixed deleting orphans in Plone 5.1+ (CMFEditions 3). Fixes issue #19. [maurits]
- Fixed startup error by loading the CMFCore zcml. [maurits]
- Do not fail on BrokenModified while calculating storage statistics. [pbauer]
- UX-Improvements: Display size in a human-readable format, allow to increase the batch-size with a query-string, allow selecting all items. [pbauer]
- In addition to the overall number of revisions, also display the number of purged revisions (fixes #14). [tschorr]
- Decrease log level for logging processing of each history (fixes #15). [tschorr]
- Add script to rebuild i18n stuff and update translations. [hvelarde]
- Add Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish translations. [hvelarde]
- Fix package uninstall. [hvelarde]
- Fix package dependencies. Remove needless dependency on z3c.jbot. [hvelarde]
- do not calculate statistics during installation. This allows to configure subtransactions (and thereby memory consumption) before calculating statistics initially
- add more german translations
- more work on i18n
- fix KeyError when sorting by portal_type
- add button to delete all histories without working copy at once
- introducing subtransactions to save memory
- more work on german translations
- add some german translations
- handle POSKeyError when accessing inconsistent histories storage
- revisions controlpanel now works in Plone 5
- Replace Update Statistics View by a button in controlpanel
- Travis testing for Plone 4.3.x and 5.0.x
- check for marker file in post install step
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.revisionmanager-0.9.tar.gz (37.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for collective.revisionmanager-0.9.tar.gz