Python scripted redirects in Plone CMS
collective.scriptedredirect allows you to write HTTP 302 Moved Temporary and HTTP 301 Moved Permanently logic for your Plone CMS site with Python scripting.
- The redirect logic is front-end web server independent (no need to learn Apache, Varnish or Nginx)
- Python allows to write more complex logic for redirects easier (no regular expressions!)
- Python scripts in Plone have access to more complete state information (user logged in status, permissions, etc.)
Add add-on in buildout.cfg:
eggs = ... collective.scriptedredirect
Install Scripted redirects in Python in Site Setup > Add-ons.
Edit redirect_handler in Zope Management Interface.
In the case of accident use ?no_redirect HTTP query parameter to override the redirecter and fix your site.
The redirect script takes input parameters
- url: full URL of the request
- host: www.yoursite.com
- port: 80, 443 or custom Zope port
- path: the path part of URL
collective.scriptedredirect hooks itself to Zope’s pre-traversal hook and is triggered before the request traverses into your Plone site in Zope application server.
- Initial development [miohtama]