An advanced Plone TinyMCE plugin for handling links to files
Table of contents
- Detailed documentation
This is a plugin for TinyMCE editor for Plone.
It will replace in the less obtrusive way the standard plonelink plugin, providing a version that handle in a different way links to File and Image contents.
When the link is not internal or not to a file nothing will change and standard Plone behavior is kept.
When you link a file or an image inside the Plone site you commonly get this XHTML code…:
<a class="internal-link" href="my-pdf">Download the document</a>
Instead you’ll get this…:
<a class="internal-link internal-link-tofile" href="my-pdf" type="application/pdf" title="pdf, 146.2 kB">Download the document</a>
(the same if you have enabled “Link using UIDs”)
The plugin also add a CSS to your Plone site that:
- Add the image icon based on file’s mimetype, on the left of the link (if on IE, need IE 7 or better)
- After the linked text will be added a text generated with CSS, with the same content you find in the title, put in bracket (need IE 8 or better). IE users with old versions still get’s some additional information thanks to the title HTML attribute.
This product has been tested with:
- Plone 3.3.5 and TinyMCE 1.1.12
- Plone 4.2.4 and TinyMCE 1.2.15
This product will not work on Plone 4.3 or on every other Plone versions that use Products.TinyMCE 1.3 or better. Sorry… maybe in future!
Why? Products.TinyMCE 1.3 has been rewritten from scratch.
- Ported a bugfix closed in the original TinyMCE file plugin. See @0082163c6d [keul]
- Fixed CSV icon (similar to pull request #2 on collective.mtrsetup) and setted as non-binary [keul]
- Support for odp file [keul]
- Changed icon for zip and rar [keul]
- Now depends on collective.mtrsetup to support also a lot of additional mime types [keul]
- New CSV support [giacomos, keul]
- Default icon for unknow file [giacomos, keul]
- Do not display the additional file’s information when not referencing file types [keul]
- Restored the default TinyMCE link suffix as default [keul]
- Added a new adapter option: default_suffix, to be able to control link type defaul by type [keul]
- IFileSuffixes adapters are now multiapdaters (using request also) so customizing types with browserlayer will be possible [keul]
- Fixed plugin (removed region-content id) [keul]
- Added label for additional info in file popup [keul]
- i18n support (and italian translation provided) [keul]
- Now uninstall cleanly [keul]
- Added link format inside advanced settings [keul]
- Now supporting new advanced and pluggable option: “Link format” to handle how the URL to file is created [keul]
- Added support for internal link to image content type [keul]
- Fixed Plone 4 compatibility icons drawing in popup template [cekk]
- Version 0.2.0 was not upgrading properly [keul]
- now require z3c.jbot because to fix a bug related to a broken context menu [keul]
- no more using a separate link plugin, but we are forced to use the original ones (for the fix above) [keul]
- added a product layer [keul]
- updated template and code to Product.TinyMCE 1.2 family [keul]
- University of Ferrara provided some more CSS rules for better integration with MS Office files [keul]
- initial release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size collective.tinymceplugins.advfilelinks-1.3.2.zip (55.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for collective.tinymceplugins.advfilelinks-1.3.2.zip