An installable content type for WoW characters
- Initial release
- Fixed a typo in wowcharacter.css
- Updated the wowrealmstatus images
- Added generic deDE i18n (locales/de/LC_MESSAGES/collective.wowcharacter.po)
- (armory_api.py) Modified armory-API to fetch additional info (arenateams, glyphs, secondary professions)
- (wowcharacter.py) Added char_arena_teams(), char_glyphs(), char_secondary_professions(), char_activity() and char_activity_feed()
- (wowcharater.pt) Display additional info from the APIs, added numerated headings
- (wowcharacter.css) Added opacity to equip-icons (standard: 0.3, hover: 1.0)
- Updated deDE i18n
- Added activity-API to fetch recent activities of the character from the armory
- Added unittest for activity-API (tests/test_activity.py)
- Fixed a typo in the unittest
- (wowcharacter.py) Added armory_error(), returns false if the API gets no data (due to misspelling name/server and/or unavailability of the armory)
- (wowcharacter.pt) Added a condition using armory_error() (aka Exception Handling)
- (armory_api.py, activity_api.py) Modified, if plonesitelanguage=en -> en_GB XML, if plonesitelanguage=de -> de_DE XML for better i18n
- Updated armory_api, activity_api and realmstatus_api to newest version
- Updated tests
The package is meant to be used with the Plone3 theme collective.wowlichking, but it is not required.
Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.
It includes a custom contenttype (wowcharacter), a custom view (@@wowcharacter) and a custom portlet (realmstatus).
The contenttype represents a World of Warcraft character. When creating one, you need to state the Name and Realm of the character, also its faction (Horde/Alliance) and its zone (EU/US).
The view uses two APIs to communicate with the WoW-Armory to display additional information about the character, like class, guild, talent specs, professions, equip, recent activities etc. It also implements the wowhead-Tooltip for showing a WoW-ingame-like tooltip when hovering over the equip-icons.
The portlet uses an API to fetch the realmstatus-xml from wow-europe.com to display the status of the realm of the actual character. It also displays the name and the type of the realm.
Marc Goetz, Author