Human readable captcha for z3cform
Table of Contents
- Usage in a z3c form
- Possible problems
collective.z3cform.norobots provides a “human” captcha widget based on a list of question/answer(s).
This captcha can be used as a plone.app.discussion (Plone Discussions) captcha plugin and in all z3c forms.
The widget is based on z3c.form.TextWidget.
Since version 1.4, questions configuration uses a dedicated control panel (using plone.app.registry) instead of a simple properties sheet. An upgrade step provides migration from earlier versions.
Interface is translated in the following languages: Czech [cs], Danish [da], German [de], Basque [eu], Suomeksi [fi], French [fr] and Simplified Chinese [zh_CN]. => Some strings have been added in 1.4, need to be translated.
- I have tested with Plone 4.1.5 and Plone 4.0.10 (http://plone.org/products/plone).
- For Plone 4.0 : plone.app.z3form, plone.app.registry, and plone.app.discussion to use the captcha for anonymous comments in Plone Discussions. See bellow.
Add collective.z3cform.norobots to your plone.recipe.zope2instance buildout section e.g.:
[instance] ... eggs = Plone ... collective.z3cform.norobots ... zcml = ... collective.z3cform.norobots
Or, you can add it as a dependency on your own product setup.py:
install_requires=[ ... 'collective.z3cform.norobots', ],
For Plone 4.1.x:
- In the Addons control panel, install “Norobots captcha field (collective.z3cform.norobots)”.
For Plone 4.0.x:
- If you want to use the captcha for anonymous comments with Plone Discussions, add plone.app.discussion < 2.0 in your buildout. See plone.app.discussion 1.1.4. Plone Discussions is include in Plone 4.1.
- plone.app.registry is not include in Plone, so you need to add an extra version restriction in your buildout (used by the settings control panel). Example for Plone 4.0.10 : http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone.app.registry/1.0b2?plone=4.0.10
- plone.app.z3cform is not include in Plone, so you need to add an extra version restriction in your buildout. Example for Plone 4.0.10 : http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone.app.z3cform/0.5.0?plone=4.0.10
- In the Addons control panel, install “Configuration registry” then “Norobots captcha field (collective.z3cform.norobots)”.
In the “Norobots widget settings” control panel, add a new line in the field “Norobots question::answer”:
your_question::the_answer Example : What is 10 + 12 ?::22
Answer can contain multiple values delimited by semicolon:
your_question::the_answer;another_answer Example : What is 5 + 5 ?::10;ten
Download collective.z3cform.norobots and use virtualenv and buildout to test the module:
easy_install virtualenv cd collective.z3cform.norobots virtualenv . source bin/activate (collective.z3cform.norobots) easy_install zc.buildout !!! check the buildout content before running !!! (collective.z3cform.norobots) ln -s test-plone-4.1.x.cfg buildout.cfg (collective.z3cform.norobots) python bootstrap.py (collective.z3cform.norobots) bin/buildout [...] be patient... [...] (collective.z3cform.norobots) ./bin/instance fg
Go to http://localhost:8080, add a new Plone Site and install collective.z3cform.norobots (see above).
(collective.z3cform.norobots) ./bin/test -s collective.z3cform.norobots
You can use this widget setting the “widgetFactory” property of a form field:
from zope import interface, schema from z3c.form import interfaces, form, field, button, validator from plone.app.z3cform.layout import wrap_form from collective.z3cform.norobots.i18n import MessageFactory as _ from collective.z3cform.norobots.widget import NorobotsFieldWidget from collective.z3cform.norobots.validator import NorobotsValidator class INorobotsForm(interface.Interface): norobots = schema.TextLine(title=_(u'Are you a human ?'), description=_(u'In order to avoid spam, please answer the question below.'), required=True) class NorobotsForm(form.Form): fields = field.Fields(INorobotsForm) fields['norobots'].widgetFactory = NorobotsFieldWidget # wrap the form with plone.app.z3cform's Form wrapper NorobotsFormView = wrap_form(NorobotsForm) # Register Norobots validator for the correponding field in the IContactInfo interface validator.WidgetValidatorDiscriminators(NorobotsValidator, field=INorobotsForm['norobots'])
for more information see contact_info.py in the plone_forms directory.
- Plone 4.0.x : I have the following error: “We already have: zope.schema 3.5.4 but z3c.form 2.4.1 requires ‘zope.schema>=3.6.0’.” => You should add this extra version restriction to your buildout: http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone.app.z3cform/0.5.0
- I have the following error when launching the tests: “ImportError: No module named lxml.html” => In order to run the tests you need lxml. You can add for example “z3c.form [test]” to your buildout. See http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Custom-Dexterity-Widgets-td5594532.html for more details.
- Sylvain Boureliou [sylvainb]
- Mikel Larreategi [erral]
- Aijun Jian
- Radim Novotny [naro]
- Thomas Clement Mogensen [tmog]
- Peter Mathis [petschki]
- Petri Savolainen [petri]
- Helmut Toplitzer
- Fix Unicode error when a question contains non-ascii char. [sylvainb, Helmut Toplitzer]
- Use plone.app.registry instead of a property sheet for the questions configuration. Questions can now be added using a dedicated control panel. [sylvainb]
- Add an upgrade step (1 -> 2) to copy questions from the old properties sheet to plone.app.registry. [sylvainb]
- Fix the widget template for use with plone.app.discussion (there was no redirection to the comment form when only the captcha is wrong). [sylvainb]
- Update translations (some new strings added). [sylvainb]
- Add Basque translation [erral]
- Add simplified chinese translation [Aijun Jian]
- Allow multiple answers for a question [naro]
- Added danish translation [tmog]
- Added german translation [petschki]
- Fix tests for Plone 4 [sylvainb]
- Added Czech translation [naro]
- Support for using as a plone.app.discussion captcha plugin (Plone 4) [Petri Savolainen]
- Finnish translations [Petri Savolainen]
- Initial release [sylvainb]