Configuration Specification Manager
confspec is a Python library - framework that allows an application to handle all it’s configuration options easily and with safety.
With confspec you don’t need to worry about parsing, importing or exporting configuration files. Nor casting or trying to parse, convert or interpret datatypes for each option. It will even handle the process to try to identify if the option is semantically valid and how to react when your options change.
To use confspec you need to:
- Define a specification for your options.
- Create a manager to handle it.
- Enjoy life. Now you just need to care about reading and changing your options. confspec will take care of reading, parsing, interpreting, validating, notifying, writing, exporting, importing, etc.
For a more in-depth documentation visit the project home page at:
pip install confspec
Run code QA:
pip install tox tox
User guide and API Reference can be found in:
To build it from source execute:
pip install sphinx sphinx_rtd_theme cd doc/ make html
- Finish (start) to write tutorial and improve documentation.
- Improve Coverage.
- Add to file system ConfigOpt’s a create keyword.
- Add a XML format provider.
- Add a YAML format provider.
- Add a SQLite format provider.
- Add capability for plugins to register custom ConfigOption subclasses.
- Add integration with argparse.