Backup the consul key value pair directory wise in yml files and uploads to an s3 bucket
This is the package to create consul backup , zip it and push the same to the s3 for the backup purpose.
The package creates simple yml files which contains key value pairs seperated by space colon space i.e ” : ” .
- Run consulbacks3-configure to configure and enter the below
details and save the settings .
- CONSUL_DATA_URL (default is - “http://localhost:8500/v1/kv/?recurse”)
- Run consulbacks3 to take backup of all of the key-value pairs .
Note: You will need aws access_key and secret which have access to the corresponding bucket.
Things to do :
- Documentation at readthedocs
- Restore/write to consul from the backup file
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.