browser and install GUI for cookiecutter templates
cookiedough(1) is a GUI browser for cookiecutter templates. And can of course extract them. It comes with a database of around 4150 cookietemplates, grouped by category, and allows some rudimentary filtering. Still beta, but usable.
Installation / Use
Just install it as normal pip package:
~$ pip3 install -U cookiedough
And start it from a terminal window:
Keep an eye on the terminal when rolling out a template. Not all prompts might be captured by monkeypatching.
There's some usage information in the man page, and in the →Help→Help.
Bugs / Caveats
- No support for template dictionary variables. (They're not widely used though.)
- Database does not contain any directoried templates yet. (A few exist however.)
- The README colorization is fairly basic. (But more processsing would slow it down too much.)
- It can crash when speed-scrolling through the templates. (Perhaps PSG vs Tk threads issue.)
- Tkinter might also crash when encountering emojis. (Either install Symbola font and get rid of Noto Color Emoji. Or upgrade to tcl/tk 8.6.10, or go back to Ubuntu 18.04 where it miraculously worked.)
Unlike cookiecutter, there aren't many public APIs in a GUI tool. The internal database is easily accessible though:
import cookiedough ls = cookiedough.repos.search(["pyproject.toml", "\w+test"])
There's not much in the update module yet, besides the scoring method:
Whereas the rollout module provides the cc config interface:
ccc = cookiecutter.rollout.CookieCutterConfig() print(ccc.fn, ccc.dir, ccc.replay) d = ccc.read_config()
As well as the
.cutting() wrapper, or even
|depends||pysimplegui, sys:tkinter, cookiecutter, pluginconf, appdirs, requests, ...|
|compat||Python ≥3.8, BSD/Linux|
|compliancy||xdg, pluginspec, !pep8, !desktop, !xdnd, mallard, man, !netrc, dotenv, !http_proxy, nobackup, !releases.json, !doap, !packfile|
|system usage||rare (xdg-open only)|
|docs||minimal wiki, mallard/yelp, news|
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for cookiedough-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl