A configurable playlist generator
CPG (stands for configurable playlist generator) is a command line application for recursively scanning a directory for audio files and outputing a playlist file. Several ways of influencing the ordering of tracks in the generated playlist are available. The generated playlist’s file format and the type of its paths (absolute or relative) can be configured too.
Quick feature overview:
- recursively scans a directory for audio files
- sorts the found tracks into groups according to tag information
- it can be configured based on which tags to create groups
- groups can be additionally split up based on configurable criteria
- tracks can be blacklisted in a configurable way
- the resulted groups are randomly shuffled
- ordering of tracks withing groups is configurable
- resulted playlists can be exported into various playlist formats
For more information regarding installation and usage please refer to the documentation.