Software managing certificate, dkim and domain updates automagically.
Crypto Domain Manager
Cryptographic extensions for spam prevention and security should use periodically changing keys. Crypto Domain Manager automates all the steps.
This tool handles all dynamic (and static) domain administration and management work:
- It renews the certicate(s) using the dehydrated (letsencrypt) plugin.
- It generates the TLSA records and publishes it in DNS.
- It generates the DKIM keys using the rspamd plugin and publishes it in DNS.
- It retrieves and updates IPv4 and IPv6 entries with automatic IP lookup. (+ fixed IPs)
- It handles also: DMARC, SPF, SRV, CAA, ADSP.
- CAA can be set to "auto" to retrieve CA from cert configuration
- Records can be added or set (means overwrite existing).
- Wildcard and default handling implemented.
- That means coexitence with other handlers allowed.
Look at example.conf
- Multiple Configfiles with priority allowed
- Specify content of config file content as argument
Updating keys, certifcates and other needs 3 steps to prevent gaps in availabillity:
- Prepare: Create certificates, keys etc. and publish corresponding records to DNS.
- Rollover: Apply new certificates and keys, because now negative cache TTL on DNS is reached.
- Cleanup: Delete all no more needed stuff from disk and DNS.
Needed Plugins and Dependencies
- dnsuptools: to interface with DNS API -- updating DNS entries
- dehydrated: to get new certificate (included with cryptdomainmgr)
- rspamd: to create (and use) DKIM keys
- Domain: inwx.de
- Certificate: letsencrypt.org
- DKIM: rspamd
- Service: systemd
These libraries are needed for pycurl used by dnsuptools for automatic ip retrieving:
apt install -y libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev
This comman is used by dehydrated to communicate with letsencrypt for certificate renewal:
apt install -y curl
For DKIM we need rspamd:
apt install -y lsb-release wget # optional CODENAME=`lsb_release -c -s` wget -O- https://rspamd.com/apt-stable/gpg.key | apt-key add - echo "deb [arch=amd64] http://rspamd.com/apt-stable/ $CODENAME main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rspamd.list echo "deb-src [arch=amd64] http://rspamd.com/apt-stable/ $CODENAME main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rspamd.list apt update apt install -y rspamd
Now install the cryptdomainmgr. This pulls all need dependencies.
python2 -m pip install cryptdomainmgr
Feel free to try python3, but inwx client doesn't support it.
python3 -m pip install cryptdomainmgr
Talks: Wireless-Meshup 2018, GPN2018
- automated tests and deployment (continuous integration)
- ARC key renewal
- WPIA integration
- deb package
- DNSSEC key renewal
- opendkim support
- service reload via init.d
- TXT record (may collide with SPF and other TXT based records)
- multi server support for one domain: TLSA delete by timeout
- contrain minimum renewal/phase time interval
- database backend
- run as service
- PowerDNS support
Stefan Helmert all work on this projekt
Want to support the project?
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cryptdomainmgr-0.0.21-py3-none-any.whl (58.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size cryptdomainmgr-0.0.21.tar.gz (39.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for cryptdomainmgr-0.0.21-py3-none-any.whl