Some viewlets to do SEO work in Plone sites
This product adds some viewlet to improve SEO in Plone sites:
Meta tag to tell robots “noindex, follow” the batch pages
Canonical url link for all pages. We have followed these rules for canonical urls:
For normal content, the url is the object’s url without the trailing ‘/’:
- yoursite.com/news/ -> yoursite.com/news
Default page (and its trailing ‘/’) is removed from the canonical url:
- yoursite.com/news/aggregator -> yoursite.com/news (aggregator is the default page of news)
- yoursite.com/news/aggregator/ -> yoursite.com/news (aggregator is the default page of news)
View or template name is preserved in the canonical url:
- yoursite.com/@@search?SearchableText=query -> yoursite.com/@@search?SearchableText=query
- yoursite.com/folder1/folder_listing -> yoursite.com/folder1/folder_listing
Customized batching template to create batching base urls based on canonical urls.
Tested with Plone 4.2.x. It should work all previous Plone 4 versions, but it’s untested.
In Plone 4.3.x the changes in batching template will not be available, because of the use of plone.batching product and this product provides replacement just for batch_macros.pt template.