Python CSS declaration computer
# cssdecl Python CSS declaration computer
This package provides basic computation of CSS declarations in order to:
- handle overwriting of properties
- expand shorthands like border-width: 0 5px into border-top-width: 0, border-right-width: 5px, border-bottom-width: 0, border-left-width: 5px
- (TODO!) expand shorthands like font: 5px sans-serif bold into font-family: sans-serif, font-size: 5px, font-weight: bold
- resolve sizes to a common unit (i.e. pt)
- resolve inherit given some inherited declarations
It does not process CSS selectors and their applicability to elements, including specificity.
Some properties that are not shorthands in CSS 2.2 become shorthands in CSS 3, such as text-decoration. We therefore hope to provide CSS22Resolver and CSS3Resolver.
This was first developed for use in [Pandas](pandas.pydata.org) ([#15530](https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas/pull/15530)). Issues will continue to be prioritised to improve CSS support there, in the absence of other clear use-cases.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cssdecl-0.1.1.tar.gz (4.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|