*A visual stat tool for `CrateDB`_ clusters*
... formerly known as ``ctop``.
``cstat`` is ispired by the awesome interactive process monitoring tool `htop`_.
``cstat`` should be a similar tool to `iostat`_, but for monitoring `CrateDB`_
.. image:: screenshot.png
:alt: Screenshot of cstat in action
Right now, ``stat`` is only available from `Github`_. Therefore you need to
checkout the repository and run ``pip install`` on the local directory.
A first version should be available from PyPi_ in summer 2016.
git clone https://github.com/chaudum/crate-top.git cstat
python3.4 -m venv env
pip install -e .
After installation the program can be invoked by the following command::
>>> cstat --help
usage: cstat [-h] [--hosts HOST [HOST ...]] [--interval INTERVAL] [--version]
A visual stat tool for CrateDB clusters
-h, --help show this help message and exit
--hosts HOST [HOST ...], --crate-hosts HOST [HOST ...]
one or more CrateDB hosts to connect to
--interval INTERVAL, --refresh-interval INTERVAL
amount of time in seconds between each update
--version show program's version number and exit
* ``0`` .. toggle cluster info
* ``1`` .. show utilization for CPU, process, memory, heap and disk
* ``2`` .. show I/O statistics for network and disk
* ``3`` .. show aggregated query duration based on `jobs_log`_
* ``x`` .. toggle nodes/aggregation view
* ``f1`` .. enable/disable job logging (this also sets the ``stats.jobs_log``
- Small terminal sizes will raise CanvasErrors because of content overflow.
- [x] display disk usage
- [x] display disk i/o
- [x] display network i/o
- [x] display node names in detail views
- [ ] use asyncio to perform http requests
- [x] coloring of i/o stats
- [ ] responsive i/o widget
.. _htop: http://hisham.hm/htop/
.. _iostat: http://linux.die.net/man/1/iostat
.. _CrateDB: https://crate.io
.. _PyPi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi
.. _Github: https://github.com/chaudum/crate-top
.. _jobs_log: https://crate.io/docs/reference/en/latest/configuration.html#collecting-stats
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.