A library for converting csvs to vCards
A Python script that parses a .csv file of contacts and automatically creates vCards. The vCards are super useful for sending your contact details or those of your team. You can also upload them to e.g. Dropbox and use them with QR codes! You can also use them for transferring new contacts to Outlook, a new CRM etc. The specific use case in mind was to programmatically create vCards from a list of contacts in a spreadsheet, to be incorporated into business cards.
- Create CSV table with contacts
CSV file format (delimeter can be changed in csv_delimeter param, see below)
last_name, first_name, org, title, phone, email, website, street, city, p_code, country
Important: you should name the columns exactly the same way because they are used as keys to generate the vCards
- git clone or download and cd to folder
- Open python python3 (gotcha: using Python 3.6 features)
- Import module from csv2vcard import csv2vcard
- Now you have 2 options for running (both will create an /export/ dir for your vCard):
- Test the app with csv2vcard.test_csv2vcard(). This will create a Forrest Gump test vCard.
- Use your real data csv2vcard.csv2vcard(yourfilename, ","). This will create all your vCards.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size csv2vcard-0.1-py3-none-any.whl (5.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|