CMS for pythonistas who like to code instead of using a web UI for every task.
|synopsys:||Cyclope 3 is a django based CMS for pythonistas who don’t mind coding a bit and dislike overly-complex user interfaces. It is based on the concept of categorized collections of heterogeneous content types with associated front-end views that can be laid out in the website’s page regions. The goal of this project is to create a CMS that is friendly to the end user and versatile for the developer. It won’t solve every complex problem at UI level but will let you “expose” the solution.|
|copyright:||2010-2012 by Código Sur Sociedad Civil|
Cyclope is developed with three different audiences in mind:
We created Cyclope thinking of those developers that actually like to code in their language of choice: Python. They don’t really look for a product that will let them accomplish even the most complex stuff from a web-based UI.
We just aim at providing developers with the tools necessary to easily expose their content types and views for site managers to work with in the admin interface.
Custom created content types and views can easily be packed in modules for drop-in re-utilization.
They will use the Django admin interface to set up the website global settings, theme, layouts, menus, and categories.
Will have access to a customized Django admin interface to create categories and content for the different content types and collections available in the website.
To install in a virtualenv just pip install cyclope3.
For detailed instructions please visit http://forja.codigosur.org/projects/cyclope
You can test Cyclope by running:
cyclopedemo myproject cd myproject python manage.py runserver
Default username is: admin and the password: password.
Contact and Support
If you need to contact the development team you can reach us by e-mail on our mailing list.
- Nicolás Echániz / nicoechaniz
- Santiago Hoerth / sanhoerth
- Leandro Monk / Leíto
- Santiago Piccinini / SAn
- Alicia Viana / malicia
- Diego Mascialino / dmascialino
- Juan Pablo Suarez / minombresbond / derechoaleer
- Mariano Falcon / mf
- Santiago García / santiagogg
Changelog for Cyclope 3
- Added Rating application
- Improved user profiles
- Added user field to BaseContent
- Added cyclopedemo command that creates a new project and loads the demo fixtures.
- Replace dependency of FeinCMS by django-mptt-tree-editor.
- Upgraded to django 1.4 (#160).
- Improved comments (#62, #66, #77, #161). Addded threaded comments, comments moderation and email notifications.
- Added frontend content edition. Users with permissions on a category now can add or edit content from the frontend.
- Added Forms plugin. Now it’s posible to create forms from the admin interface.
- Adopt Less CSS Less CSS.
- Added Author detail views. This view renders the teasers of it’s authored content.
- Added Abuse roport plugin.
- Improved backend filters interface (#141). Collection filters are permanent.
- New Slide Show view type.
- Added an image field to Sound Track.
- Improved pagination (added links to first and last page).
- Added view options to collection’s category default views.
- Added external syndication/feeds (rss, atom). Now it’s posible to show external feeds on the site.
- Categories now can be moved from one collection to another.
- Added dynamic sitemap.xml.
- Added 14 new themes.
- Fixed #155 pagination on search not working
- Fixed #164: bug on related content that not validated an empty other_object_id
- Fixed #61: Write a region frontend view to list “last comments”
- Fixed #155: Pagination on search is not working