Tools for MPEG-DASH media creation and analysis
DASH Industry Forum collection of various tools. A lot of them are small and need to be run directly from the source tree.
- dash-batch-encoder (dash_tools.batch_encoder)
- Uses ffmpeg to create multi-variant mp4 content with fixed GoP duration
- Output is suitable for transforming into DASH ABR content
- Configured via JSON recipes
- dash-ondemand-creator (dash_tools.ondemand_creator)
- Uses MP4Box to transform the output of dash-batch-encoder into DASH OnDemand content.
- Postprocesses audio tracks to get segment alignment with video
- Configured via JSON recipe
- dash-ondemand-verifier (dash_tools.ondemand_verifier)
- Performs checks on (trees of) DASH OnDemand asset and reports issues
- dash-livedownloader (dash_tools.livedownloader)
- Downloads a live DASH asset and stores on disk. Only supports $Number$-template
These above tools are exported as scripts starting with prefix dash-. There corresponding names in the source code does not have that part.
- This is a competent MPEG-2 TS parser
For more details, see online documentation.