Data Proxy: a google app-engine application for proxying data to json (jsonp) format.
Author: James Gardner <http://jimmyg.org>
Author: Stefan Urbanek <email@example.com>
For each resource type there should be a module in transform/<type>_transform.py
Each module should implement:
* ``transformer(flow, url, query)``, should return a Transformer subclass
* Transformer subclass with __init__(flow, url, query)
* transform/csv_transform - CSV files
* transform/xls_transform - Excel XLS files
Maximum file size
url = http://...file.xls
option = 'row=5&row=7&row_range=10:100000:5000',
sheet = 'Sheet 1',
data = [
* Downloading the entire spreadsheet
* Downloading a single sheet (add ``sheet=1`` to the URL)
* Downloading a range in a single sheet (add ``range=A1:K3`` to the URL) [a bit nasty for CSV files but will do I think]
* Choosing a limited set of rows within the sheet (add ``row=5&row=7&row_range=10:100000:5000`` - rowrange format would be give me a row between 10 and 100000 every 5000 rows)
* Some data sets are not in text-based formats => Don't handle them at this stage
* Excel spreadhseets have formatting and different types => Ignore it, turn everything into a string for now
* Some data sets are huge => don't proxy more than 100K of data - up to the user to filter it down if needed
* We don't want to re-download data sets => Need a way to cache data -> storage API
* Some applications might be wildly popular and put strain on the system -> perhaps API keys and rate limiting are needed so that individual apps/feeds can be disabled. How can we have read API keys on data.gov.uk?
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.