automatic visual data explorer for datasette
An automatic data visualization plugin for the Datasette ecosystem. See your dataset from multiple views with an easy-to-use, customizable menu-based interface.
Try the live demo
Running Datasette with the Happy Planet Index dataset
Install this plugin in the same Python environment as Datasette.
datasette install datasette-nteract-data-explorer
- Click "View in Data Explorer" to expand the visualization panel
- Click the icons on the right side to change the visualization type.
- Use the menus underneath the graphing area to configure your graph (e.g. change which columns to graph, colors to use, etc)
- Use "advanced settings" mode to override the inferred column types. For example, you may want to treat a number as a "string" to be able to use it as a category.
- See a live demo of the original Nteract data-explorer component used in isolation.
You can run the demo locally:
datasette -i demo/happy_planet_index.db
See contributing docs.
- The Data Explorer was designed by Elijah Meeks. I co-maintain this project as part of the Nteract open-source team. You can read about the design behind this tool here
- The data model is based on the Frictionless Data Spec.
- This plugin was bootstrapped by Simon Willison's Datasette plugin template
- Demo dataset from the Happy Planet Index was cleaned by Doris Lee. This dataset was chosen because of its global appeal, modest size, and variety in column datatypes (numbers, low cardinality and high cardinality strings, booleans).
- Thank you for reading this far! If you use the Data Explorer in your own website and would like to share, you can mention it here.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for datasette-nteract-data-explorer-0.3.1.tar.gz
Hashes for datasette_nteract_data_explorer-0.3.1-py3-none-any.whl