Slice up PDFs like a pro.
Slice up PDFs like a pro:
% python bocho.py my-fancy-file.pdf --pages 1 3 5 6 10 --angle 30 --zoom 1.6 my-fancy-file-bocho-630x290.png
Takes a PDF file and creates a “stacked page” preview from a selection of pages.
It accepts a bunch of options for customising the output (pass the -h flag for details).
pip install deba-bocho.
Requires ImageMagick so you might need to, e.g:
% sudo apt-get install imagemagick
If you want to use Wand instead of calling convert directly, you’ll also need to perform some some additional steps, e.g:
% sudo apt-get install libmagickwand-dev % pip install wand
See their installation instructions for more details.
On OS X, you’ll want to use Homebrew to get the low-level dependencies in place:
% brew install ghostscript imagemagick
- implement rotation properly ✓
- allow a “zoom” option ✓
- optional drop-shadows ✓
- make shadows smarter in their orientation (they’re currently uniform, not respecting the angle / affine transformation)
- make the basic edge separators optional ✓
- automatic spacing as an option as well as fixed pixel spacing
- horizontal and vertical spacing ✓
- horizontal and vertical offsets ✓
- optional right-to-left stacking ✓
- handle non-A4 aspect ratio input documents ✓
- optionally apply transforms:
- affine ✓ (basic, subtle, non-configurable)
- ensure sliced PNGs are large enough when custom width / height are specified
- fix x and y spacing calculation to account for any applied rotation & transformation
- allow transforms to be configurable (probably with presets defined in an .ini file)
- drop the PyPDF dependency ✓
- use an ImageMagick binding rather than using subprocess to call convert ✓ (Wand)
- optionally re-use pages between runs ✓
- allow user-specified resolution for the PDF to PNG conversion ✓
- docs ✓
- pretty pictures illustrating the effect of the various options
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size deba-bocho-0.3.0.tar.gz (7.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|