DBus wire protocol implementation
debus: a non-reference DBus implementation
This is an attempt to make a nice-to-use asynchronous DBus implementation without any extra dependencies and magic.
There are two main issues with using "the" dbus implementation with python:
- magical dependencies ("what is
import giand how do I get it to work on my embedded device?")
- foreign event loop mandatory for certain operations*, while in the end we only need ot read/write to a socket
* AFAIR you can do synchronous calls wihtout the event loop, but definitely can't subscribe to signals without it
debus uses cython. Thus, you need it (and a working build environment for C) to build debus.
At runtime no extra dependencies (except python itself) is needed.
- Only little-endian messages are supported so far
- Methods have to return a tuple to match dbus idea of multiple "out" parameters
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.