deflacue is a SoX based audio splitter to split audio CD images incorporated with .cue files
deflacue is a SoX based audio splitter appropriate to split audio CD images incorporated with .cue files.
It is able to function both as a Python module and in command line mode.
- Large variety of supported lossless input audio formats FLAC, WAV, etc. (due to SoX).
- Batch audio files processing (including recursive path traversing).
- Automatic audio collection hierarchy building (Artist/Year-Album/Tracknum-Title).
- Automatic track metadata copying from .cue.
SoX command line utility - http://sox.sourceforge.net.
Ubuntu users may install the following SoX packages: sox, libsox-fmt-all.
- import deflacue - if you want to use it as module. Deflacue and CueParser classes are at your service.
- ./deflacue.py -h in command line - to get help on utility usage.
In the following example we create audio collection in /home/idle/audio_collection/ from audio CD images stored under /home/idle/audio_raw/ processing Cue Sheet files created using windows-1251 encoding:
./deflacue.py -e windows-1251 /home/idle/audio_raw/ -d /home/idle/audio_collection/
Please keep in mind that ./deflacue.py syntax used above supposes that Python 3.2+ is set as system default Python interpreter. Otherwise you might want to run deflacue with python3 deflacue.py.