Adjust the brightness of images for smooth timelapse videos
After I made my first few timelapse videos I got really bothered by the erratic small changes of exposure, which are caused by various effects: * Changes of the exposure settings (if not in full manual mode) * Uncertainties of the aperture * Shutter jitter
I was looking for an existing solution and only found expensive (O(100€)) software.
So I wrote this little (150 SLOCS) programm. The brightness of the images are adjusted to fit a rolling mean over several consecutive images.
I recommend anaconda, it comes with the heavy dependencies of this package: numpy and scikit-image
Installation of deflicker:
$ pip install deflicker
deflicker expects all your pictures in one directory. The alphabetical order has to be equivalent to the chronological order.
deflicker <inputfolder> [options]
- -o <dir>, --outdir=<dir> Output directory [default: deflickered]
- -w <N>, --window=<N> Window size for rolling mean [default: 10]
- -q, --quiet Only output errors and warnings
- -f <fmt>, --format=<fmt> Output format for the scaled images [default: png]
- -s <s>, --sigma=<s> Sigma for the sigma clipping