An experimental diff library for generating operation deltas that represent the difference between two sequences of comparable items.
An open licensed (MIT) library for performing generating deltas (A.K.A sequences of operations) representing the difference between two sequences of comparable tokens.
- Installation: pip install deltas
- Repo: http://github.com/halfak/Deltas
- Documentation: http://pythonhosted.org/deltas
- Note this library requires Python 3.3 or newer
This library is intended to be used to make experimental difference detection strategies more easily available. There are currently two strategies available:
- deltas.sequence_matcher.diff(a, b):
- A shameless wrapper around difflib.SequenceMatcher to get it to work within the structure of deltas.
- deltas.segment_matcher.diff(a, b, segmenter=None):
- A generalized difference detector that is designed to detect block moves and copies based on the use of a Segmenter.
>>> from deltas import segment_matcher, text_split >>> >>> a = text_split.tokenize("This is some text. This is some other text.") >>> b = text_split.tokenize("This is some other text. This is some text.") >>> operations = segment_matcher.diff(a, b) >>> >>> for op in operations: ... print(op.name, repr(''.join(a[op.a1:op.a2])), ... repr(''.join(b[op.b1:op.b2]))) ... equal 'This is some other text.' 'This is some other text.' insert ' ' ' ' equal 'This is some text.' 'This is some text.' delete ' ' ''
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|deltas-0.3.7-py2.py3-none-any.whl (27.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.4||Wheel||Dec 13, 2015|
|deltas-0.3.7.tar.gz (17.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Dec 13, 2015|