Wrapper around rasterio to query points on a Digital Elevation Model
Wrapper around rasterio to query points on a Digital Elevation Model.
- Use multiple raster files without having to merge them into a new file
- Query many points at once
- Optional 2D interpolation (linear, cubic, or quintic)
- Reasonably performant by reading the minimal data required from raster
I recommend first installing dependencies with Conda, then installing demquery itself with pip.
conda install gdal rasterio numpy scipy -c conda-forge
pip install demquery
from demquery import Query dem_paths = ['dem1.tif', 'dem2.tif'] query = Query(dem_paths) # Points must be in longitude, latitude order! # These points are in Manhattan, not Antarctica points = [(-73.985564, 40.757965), (-73.968520, 40.778912)] elevations = query.query_points(points, interp_kind='linear')
For a great visual tool to download worldwide SRTM data, check out these sites:
[0.2.1] - 2019-12-04
- Include requirements.txt and requirements_dev.txt in manifest bundle
[0.2.0] - 2019-12-02
- Fix virtual raster issues.
[0.1.0] - 2019-11-27
- Initial release on PyPI
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size demquery-0.2.1.tar.gz (9.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|