devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: manage devpi-server, Python packaging and testing
The devpi command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes.
See https://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
Deprecations and Removals
- removed deprecated “quickstart” command.
- fix #636: support --ignore-bases option for project listings. Requires devpi-server >= 5.0.0 to work, older versions will still include releases from bases.
- decoupled the functional tests from devpi-server and run devpi-server in a Python 3 virtualenv when testing with Python 2.7.
- support --no-projects option when showing indexes and use it automatically when creating and modifying and index. Requires devpi-server >= 5.0.0 to work, older versions will still receive and show the projects.
- sort output of index -l, use -l and user -l.
- The selection of the Python interpreter used for devpi upload has changed. If used the new -p/--python option has priority, then a currently activated virtualenv, lastly the sys.executable under which devpi is running.
- implement #93: support setting password hash with devpi-server 4.9.0.
- fix #622: deletion of package with inherited versions failed.
- support for additional commands added by plugins via devpiclient_subcommands hook.
- Update import location for detox 0.18.
- Use server side operations for modifying indexes if the devpi-server version supports it. This prevents overwriting changes if two clients modify the same index concurrently.
- implement #565: To show toxresults with devpi list the new -t/--toxresults option is now required, the toxresults aren’t shown by default anymore.
- implement #579: client can remove specific file with devpi remove url_to_file. This requires at least devpi-server 4.6.0
- fix #523: better error message when index does not support upload.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size devpi_client-5.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (75.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size devpi-client-5.0.0.tar.gz (73.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for devpi_client-5.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl