devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: manage devpi-server, Python packaging and testing
The devpi command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes.
See https://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
- fix #140: support -f/--force option for deletion on non-volatile indexes with devpi-server >= 6.0.0.
- fix #799: proper error message for devpi login without prior devpi use
- Support for check_manifest>=0.42.
- Fix removing a range of versions with index inheritance.
- Add keyring support for devpi push to external repositories like pypi.org. This is compatible with twine, see https://twine.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#keyring-support
- fix #666: output nicer error message when section couldn’t be found in pypirc.
- the 410 status for the register action isn’t marked as error anymore for push to external repository.
Deprecations and Removals
- removed deprecated “quickstart” command.
- fix #636: support --ignore-bases option for project listings. Requires devpi-server >= 5.0.0 to work, older versions will still include releases from bases.
- decoupled the functional tests from devpi-server and run devpi-server in a Python 3 virtualenv when testing with Python 2.7.
- support --no-projects option when showing indexes and use it automatically when creating and modifying and index. Requires devpi-server >= 5.0.0 to work, older versions will still receive and show the projects.
- sort output of index -l, use -l and user -l.
- The selection of the Python interpreter used for devpi upload has changed. If used the new -p/--python option has priority, then a currently activated virtualenv, lastly the sys.executable under which devpi is running.
- implement #93: support setting password hash with devpi-server 4.9.0.
- fix #622: deletion of package with inherited versions failed.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size devpi_client-5.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (38.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size devpi-client-5.2.0.tar.gz (75.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for devpi_client-5.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl