devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: commands for python packaging and testing
The “devpi” command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes. See http://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
- fix git submodules for devpi upload. .git is a file not a folder for submodules. Before this fix the repository which contains the submodule was found instead, which caused a failure, because the files aren’t tracked there.
- new option “devpi upload –setupdir-only” which will only vcs-export the directory containing setup.py. You can also set “setupdirs-only = 1” in the “[devpi:upload]” section of setup.cfg for the same effect. Thanks Chad Wagner for the PR.
- fix issue259: print server errors in client
- fix issue247: possible password leakage to log in devpi-client
- new experimental “-d|–detox” option to run tests via the “detox” distributed testing tool instead of “tox” which runs test environments one by one.
- address issue246: make sure we use vcs-export also for building docs (and respect –no-vcs for all building activity)
- address issue246: copy VCS repo dir to temporary upload dir to help with setuptools_scm. Warn if VCS other than hg/git are used because we don’t copy the repo in that case for now and thus cause incompatibility with setuptools_scm.
- (new,experimental) read a “[devpi:upload]” section from a setup.cfg file with a “formats” setting that will be taken if no “–formats” option is specified to “devpi upload”. This allows to specify the default artefacts that should be created along with a project’s setup.cfg file. Also you can use a no-vcs = True setting to induce the --no-vcs option.
- improve internal testing mechanics
- fix regression for “devpi list -f” output which would fail when trying to present failures with recent devpi-server versions/tox outputs.
- fix issue222: fix help string
- fix issue190: introduce support for testing universal wheels (platform/interpreter specific wheels are not supported yet because they require tox support). Testing a wheel requires that there also is an sdist next to it so that tox.ini and the tests can be discovered from it. Note that this means your tox testrun setup must be able to run tests against an installed version of the package, not the sdist-inplace version. If your tests reside in a subfolder that has no __init__.py this should usually be the case (at least with pytest).
- add experimental “refresh” command to invalidate the pypi release list cache of packages.
- show index configuration settings added by plugins in devpi-server >= 2.2.0.
- fix issue199: “devpi upload” and “devpi test” can now handle packages with dashes in their name.
- change: the following fixes change behavior if used in scripts
- fix issue174: ask for confirmation when deleting an index or user.
- fix issue156 and issue199: “devpi push” now uses “pkgname==version” like “list” and “test”. This also fixes usage with packages containing dashes in their name.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|devpi_client-2.3.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (35.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|devpi-client-2.3.2.tar.gz (54.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|