devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: commands for python packaging and testing
The “devpi” command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes. See http://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
- fix issue308: properly handle index reconfiguration in the client API. thanks to Jacob Geiger for the report and an initial PR.
- fix issue291: transfer file modes with vcs exports. Thanks Sergey Vasilyev for the report.
- new option “–index” for “install”, “list”, “push”, “remove”, “upload” and “test” which allows to use a different than the current index without using “devpi use” before
- set index in [search] section of pip.cfg when writing cfgs, to support pip search
- fix git submodules for devpi upload. .git is a file not a folder for submodules. Before this fix the repository which contains the submodule was found instead, which caused a failure, because the files aren’t tracked there.
- new option “devpi upload –setupdir-only” which will only vcs-export the directory containing setup.py. You can also set “setupdirs-only = 1” in the “[devpi:upload]” section of setup.cfg for the same effect. Thanks Chad Wagner for the PR.
- fix issue259: print server errors in client
- fix issue247: possible password leakage to log in devpi-client
- new experimental “-d|–detox” option to run tests via the “detox” distributed testing tool instead of “tox” which runs test environments one by one.
- address issue246: make sure we use vcs-export also for building docs (and respect –no-vcs for all building activity)
- address issue246: copy VCS repo dir to temporary upload dir to help with setuptools_scm. Warn if VCS other than hg/git are used because we don’t copy the repo in that case for now and thus cause incompatibility with setuptools_scm.
- (new,experimental) read a “[devpi:upload]” section from a setup.cfg file with a “formats” setting that will be taken if no “–formats” option is specified to “devpi upload”. This allows to specify the default artefacts that should be created along with a project’s setup.cfg file. Also you can use a no-vcs = True setting to induce the --no-vcs option.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|devpi_client-2.4.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (35.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|devpi-client-2.4.1.tar.gz (55.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|