devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: commands for python packaging and testing
The “devpi” command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes. See http://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
- the user command now behaves slightly more like index to show current user settings and modify them.
- fix issue309: print server versions with devpi --version if available. This is only supported on Python 3.x because of shortcomings in older argparse versions for Python 2.x.
- fix issue310: with –set-cfg the index setting in the [search] section would be set multiple times.
- fix getjson to work when no index but a server is selected
- allow full urls for getjson
- “devpi quickstart” is not documented anymore and will be removed in a later release.
- fix issue308: properly handle index reconfiguration in the client API. thanks to Jacob Geiger for the report and an initial PR.
- fix issue291: transfer file modes with vcs exports. Thanks Sergey Vasilyev for the report.
- new option “–index” for “install”, “list”, “push”, “remove”, “upload” and “test” which allows to use a different than the current index without using “devpi use” before
- set index in [search] section of pip.cfg when writing cfgs, to support pip search
- fix git submodules for devpi upload. .git is a file not a folder for submodules. Before this fix the repository which contains the submodule was found instead, which caused a failure, because the files aren’t tracked there.
- new option “devpi upload –setupdir-only” which will only vcs-export the directory containing setup.py. You can also set “setupdirs-only = 1” in the “[devpi:upload]” section of setup.cfg for the same effect. Thanks Chad Wagner for the PR.
- fix issue259: print server errors in client
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|devpi_client-2.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (36.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Feb 12, 2016|
|devpi-client-2.5.0.tar.gz (56.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 12, 2016|