devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: commands for python packaging and testing
The “devpi” command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes. See http://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
- fix basic authentication in devpi use.
- switching to another server with devpi use now reuses an existing authentication token as well as previously set basic auth and client cert.
- basic authentication is now stored at the devpi-server root instead of the domain root, so you can have more than one devpi-server on different paths with different basic auth.
- fix issue318: devpi test --index now accepts a URL, so one can test a package from another server without having to run devpi use first.
- the user command now behaves slightly more like index to show current user settings and modify them.
- fix issue309: print server versions with devpi --version if available. This is only supported on Python 3.x because of shortcomings in older argparse versions for Python 2.x.
- fix issue310: with –set-cfg the index setting in the [search] section would be set multiple times.
- fix getjson to work when no index but a server is selected
- allow full urls for getjson
- “devpi quickstart” is not documented anymore and will be removed in a later release.
- fix issue308: properly handle index reconfiguration in the client API. thanks to Jacob Geiger for the report and an initial PR.
- fix issue291: transfer file modes with vcs exports. Thanks Sergey Vasilyev for the report.
- new option “–index” for “install”, “list”, “push”, “remove”, “upload” and “test” which allows to use a different than the current index without using “devpi use” before
- set index in [search] section of pip.cfg when writing cfgs, to support pip search
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|devpi_client-2.6.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (36.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|devpi-client-2.6.1.tar.gz (57.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|