devpi upload/install/... workflow commands for Python developers
devpi-client: commands for python packaging and testing
The “devpi” command line tool is typically used in conjunction with devpi-server. It allows to upload, test and install packages from devpi indexes. See http://doc.devpi.net for quickstart and more documentation.
- fix #508: on macOS the __PYVENV_LAUNCHER__ environment variable needs to be removed when calling pip, otherwise the generated scripts use the wrong Python executable.
- CHANGED BEHAVIOR! If an activated virtualenv is detected, it is used by default for devpi install and devpi use --set-cfg now.
- devpi test: if basic auth is configured, correctly pass credentials when downloading packages and submitting JSON reports. Thanks to Vytautas Liuolia for the PR.
No significant changes.
- fix #386: add passwd command to enable password setting with interactive input.
- add -l/--list option to devpi test command to only list the release files which would be tested.
- add -s/--select option to devpi test. This is a regular expression to select release files for which tests will be run. With this option it’s possible to select wheels that aren’t universal, or run tests only for one specific release file.
- fix check for extracted path when testing packages where the package name contains a dash, but the extracted path has underscores.
- skip and warn about wheels which can’t be tested instead of testing nothing.
- fix issue227: add logout command as alias for logoff.
- add -r, --requirement option to devpi install to use requirements file.
- add --pip-set-trusted=[yes|no|auto] option to devpi use to add or remove trusted-host option to pip configuration when --set-cfg is also given. auto is the default and sets it for http servers and https which do not pass certificate validation. Thanks to Andrew Leech for the PR.
- add devpiclient_get_password hook which allows plugins to return a password based on username and server url.
- drop support for Python 2.6.
- drop support for devpi-server < 4.0.0.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|devpi_client-4.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (40.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|devpi-client-4.0.1.tar.gz (64.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|