devpi-server: reliable private and pypi.org caching server
devpi-server: server for private package indexes and PyPI caching
You can point pip or easy_install to the root/pypi/+simple/ index, serving as a transparent cache for pypi-hosted packages.
User specific indexes
Each user (which can represent a person, project or team) can have multiple indexes and upload packages and docs via standard twine or setup.py invocations. Users and indexes can be manipulated through devpi-client and a RESTful HTTP API.
Each index can be configured to merge in other indexes so that it serves both its uploads and all releases from other index(es). For example, an index using root/pypi as a parent is a good place to test out a release candidate before you push it to PyPI.
Good defaults and easy deployment
Get started easily and create a permanent devpi-server deployment including pre-configured templates for nginx and process managers.
Separate tool for Packaging/Testing activities
The complementary devpi-client tool helps to manage users, indexes, logins and typical setup.py-based upload and installation workflows.
See https://doc.devpi.net on how to get started and further documentation.
- Proxy requests from replica to master are now streamed if possible. This improves reliability of large uploads through replicas and reduces RAM usage on the replica.
- Import won’t abort anymore when a base index was removed. The bases setting will be imported as is.
This is the last feature release with Python 2.7 support!
We will only make export related bugfix releases of 5.4.x.
- The requires_python metadata is now included in version data on mirror indexes.
- Downloaded files from mirrors can be included in exports with the --include-mirrored-files option.
- On import files for mirror indexes are now imported when they were included in the dump (see --include-mirrored-files).
- Fix --no-root-pypi option when importing devpi data.
- Fix pushing from mirror to an index when the file was removed and mirror_use_external_urls is active.
- fix #688: on file upload existing metadata is only updated, not replaced.
- fix #732: add --unix-socket-perms option to set Unix socket permissions when a Unix socket is in use, defaults to ‘600’ if not specified, ignored if --unix-socket is not used.
- proxy requests from the replica to the master will use number of seconds from the new --proxy-timeout option as their timeout value.
- ignore obsolete pypi_whitelist index setting when sent by devpi-client and remove it when an index config is updated.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size devpi_server-5.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (220.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size devpi-server-5.5.0.tar.gz (209.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for devpi_server-5.5.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl