devpi: github-style pypi index server and packaging meta tool.
devpi is a meta package installing two other packages:
- devpi-server: for serving a pypi.python.org consistent caching index as well as local github-style overlay indexes.
- devpi-client: command line tool with sub commands for creating users, using indexes, uploading to and installing from indexes, as well as a “test” command for invoking tox.
For getting started see http://doc.devpi.net/
Holger Krekel, June 2013
0.9.2 (compared to 0.9.1)
- fix /USER/INDEXNAME root views to contain only latest in-stage packages
- make +api calls return bases so that “devpi use” can show them
- introduce “devpi upload –fromdir” for uploading archives in bulk mode, thanks to Anthon van der Neut for helping with this! (resolved issue5)
- improve automatic server handling via “devpi use”
- for “devpi server” you now need to specify “–log” to see log lines
- make “devpi use” also show base indexes by default
- fix issue4: auto-server data stored in non-dot dir
0.9.1 (compared to 0.9.0)
- return 404 for submits to root/pypi
- properly sorted release file links on stage indexes
- “push” method on indexes for transfering release files to another pypi index
- properly handle urls from indexes with ~ and other special chars
- fix root/pypi and root/dev page serving in various cases
- refined “python setup.py” calls from devpi upload with proper __file__ attributes. Thanks Andi Albrecht.
- implemented new “devpi push” command for pushing out releases
- improved error handling for devpi upload
- fix logoff if not logged in
- don’t use –force-reinstall when using pip