The hunter - fast and easy file duplicate finder utility.
Table of contents
- Usage example
- Requirements and installation
- Bugs reports and contributions
- Credits and license
dhunter (pronounced The Hunter) is [d]uplicate [hunter] utility, designed to help scanning and processing large sets of files. Uses content based file duplicates matching and smart caching for faster directory scanning, data changes detection and processing.
- Content based file matching (sha256)
- Designed to work with lot of data:
- caches folder scaning results for quick reuse/rescan
- directory scanning can be aborted and resumed at any moment
- Smart content filters
- Ignores zero length files and symlinks
- Ignores folders like
- Supports file size based (min and/or max) filtering
- Per folder exlusion via
Credits and license
- Written and copyrighted ©2018-2019 by Marcin Orlowski
- dhunter is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.