Dictdiffer is a library that helps you to diff and patch dictionaries.
Dictdiffer is a helper module that helps you to diff and patch dictionaries.
Dictdiffer is on PyPI so all you need is:
pip install dictdiffer
Documentation is readable at http://dictdiffer.readthedocs.io or can be built using Sphinx:
pip install dictdiffer[docs] python setup.py build_sphinx
Running the test suite is as simple as:
Version 0.7.1 (released 2018-05-04)
- Resolves issue with keys containing dots. (#101)
Version 0.7.0 (released 2017-10-16)
- Fixes problem with diff results that reference the original structure by introduction of deepcopy for all possibly unhashable items. Thus the diff does not change later when the diffed structures change.
- Adds new option for patching and reverting patches in-place.
- Adds Python 3.6 to test matrix.
- Fixes the ignore argument when it contains a unicode value.
Version 0.6.1 (released 2016-11-22)
- Changes order of items for REMOVE section of generated patches when swap is called so the list items are removed from the end. (#85)
- Improves API documentation for ignore argument in diff function. (#79)
- Executes doctests during PyTest invocation.
Version 0.6.0 (released 2016-06-22)
- Adds support for comparing NumPy arrays. (#68)
- Adds support for comparing mutable mappings, sequences and sets from collections.abs module. (#67)
- Updates package structure, sorts imports and runs doctests.
- Fixes order in which handled conflicts are unified so that the Merger’s unified_patches can be always applied.
Version 0.5.0 (released 2016-01-04)
- Adds tolerance parameter used when user wants to treat closed values as equals
- Adds support for comparing numerical values and NaN. (#54) (#55)
Version 0.4.0 (released 2015-03-11)
- Adds support for diffing and patching of sets. (#44)
- New tests for diff on the same lists. (#48)
- Fix for exception when dict has unicode keys and ignore parameter is provided. (#50)
- PEP8 improvements.
Version 0.3.0 (released 2014-11-05)
- Adds ignore argument to diff function that allows skipping check on specified keys. (#34 #35)
- Fix for diffing of dict or list subclasses. (#37)
- Better instance checking of diffing objects. (#39)
Version 0.2.0 (released 2014-09-29)
- Fix for empty list instructions. (#30)
- Regression test for empty list instructions.
Version 0.1.0 (released 2014-09-01)
- Fix for list removal issues during patching caused by wrong iteration. (#10)
- Fix for issues with multiple value types for the same key. (#10)
- Fix for issues with strings handled as iterables. (#6)
- Fix for integer keys. (#12)
- Regression test for complex dictionaries. (#4)
- Better testing with Travis CI, tox, pytest, code coverage. (#10)
- Initial release of documentation on ReadTheDocs. (#21 #24)
- Support for Python 3. (#15)
Version 0.0.4 (released 2014-01-04)
- List diff behavior treats lists as lists instead of sets. (#3)
- Differed typed objects are flagged as changed now.
- Swap function refactored.
Version 0.0.3 (released 2013-05-26)
- Initial public release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|dictdiffer-0.7.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (16.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|dictdiffer-0.7.1.tar.gz (28.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|