Library for computing persistent homology
Dionysus is a computational topology package focused on persistent homology. It is written in C++, with Python bindings. The second version (previous version) is re-written from scratch, which helps it accomplish a few goals:
- Modified BSD license (because GPL causes too many problems in academic software).
- No dependency on Boost.Python; Dionysus 2 uses (and includes) PyBind11 instead, which greatly simplifies installation.
- Cleaner, more consistent internal design (for example, all algorithms support arbitrary fields).
- Some new algorithms, e.g., omni-field persistence and Wasserstein and bottleneck distance computation from Hera.
- A few plotting routines, based on Matplotlib.
- Better integration with NumPy.
Get, Build, Install
The simplest way to install Dionysus, as a Python package, is from PyPI:
pip install --verbose dionysus
Pass --upgrade to pip, if you have already installed some version of Dionysus.
Alternatively, you can install it directly from the development repository (this gives you the latest version):
pip install --verbose git+https://github.com/mrzv/dionysus.git
Alternatively, you can clone and build everything by hand. To get Dionysus 2, either clone its repository:
git clone https://github.com/mrzv/dionysus.git
or download it as a Zip archive.
To build the project:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. make
To use the Python bindings, either launch Python from .../build/bindings/python or add this directory to your PYTHONPATH variable, by adding:
to your ~/.bashrc or ~/.zshrc.
Documentation for Dionysus can be found here.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|dionysus-2.0.5-cp27-cp27m-macosx_10_13_intel.whl (373.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||cp27||Apr 24, 2018|
|dionysus-2.0.5-cp36-cp36m-macosx_10_13_x86_64.whl (374.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||cp36||Apr 24, 2018|
|dionysus-2.0.5.tar.gz (1.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 24, 2018|