DShell is a package that combines with discord.py and Jishaku to turn a Discord channel into a shell on which bash commands can be run.
When would I use this?
- When you want to use shell commands on your virtual machine without logging into it
- When you want a collaborative terminal with other developers of your team
- When you're simply too lazy to open your shell and would rather do it in an open Discord app
- When you want to run shell commands from your Discord bot's directory easily
- When you want to run shell commands on something that simply looks better than your shell
- - Customizable
- - Easy to use
- - Asynchronous
- - Doesn't favor a particular fork, written in raw archived discord.py (as a result it is compatible with all forks that use the
- - Lightweight
- - Regularly maintained
Installation and upgrades
pip install discordshell
for the stable version (recommended).
pip install -U discordshell
to update your stable version.
pip install git+https://github.com/ImNimboss/dshell
to install it straight off of GitHub (you need git installed for this).
pip install -U git+https://github.com/ImNimboss/dshell
to upgrade your version that you got from GitHub.
How to use
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for discordshell-0.0.2-py3-none-any.whl