Distributed Memory Arrays for Python
Think globally, act locally.
DistArray provides general multidimensional NumPy-like distributed-memory arrays for Python. These arrays are designed to look and feel just like NumPy arrays but to take advantage of parallel architectures with distributed memory.
The project is currently under heavy development and things are changing quickly!
DistArray is targeting users who
- know and love Python and NumPy,
- want to interactively play with distributed data,
- want to run batch-oriented distributed programs,
- want an easier way to drive and coordinate existing MPI-based codes,
- have a lot of data that may already be distributed,
- want a global view (“think globally”) with local control (“act locally”),
- need to tap into existing parallel libraries like Trilinos, PETSc, or Elemental,
- want the interactivity of IPython and the performance of MPI.
Please see our documentation at readthedocs (or in the docs directory) for more. Pull requests gladly accepted.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size distarray-0.3.0.tar.gz (105.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|