A small playlist generator for spotify
The goal is to use AI algorithms to generate a spotify playlist based on a user's preference and a friend of his choice. Currently the script will use a genetic algorthm to generate the playlists but this may improve in the future.
How to install
- First you need to get your spotify API key and save it to the .env file.
- Go to spotify application web page,
- login with your spotify account and create a new app
- put whatever name you'd like on the project info and say no to commercial integration
- click on edit settings and whitelist https://edujtm.github.io/diversify/redirect
- get your client ID and client secret (by clicking show client secret)
- put them on a config.ini file and move it to
pip install diversify
diversify --helpto see if everything went ok.
How to run
$ diversify login $ diversify playlist PLAYLIST NAME
How to contribute
- This project uses poetry for dependency management
- Clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/edujtm/diversify.git
- Then run
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for diversify-0.1.1-py3-none-any.whl