An activity tracker and notifier for django
© 2014-2018 Thomas Khyn
django-actrack is an activity tracker for the Django framework. It enables recording any activity by any actor, relative to any number of targets or related objects, with or without additional data. The activity can then be retrieved through custom feeds.
It has been tested with Django 1.11 and 2.0 and the latest minor versions of Python 2 and 3 (Django 2.0 only supports Python 3).
If you like django-actrack and are looking for a way to thank its creator and/or encourage future development, here is a BTC or BCH donation address: 1EwENyR8RV6tMc1hsLTkPURtn5wJgaBfG9.
- Actions are defined by an actor, a verb and optional targets and related objects (yes, from any model and as many as you want, thanks to django-gm2m) as well as additional data
- Convenient accessors to relevant actions from any model instance (such as userX.actions.feed())
- Users can track objects for specific action types (verbs)
- Deleted items do not disappear from the activity tracker
- Unread/read status actions
- Automatic grouping when identical or similar actions occur close to one another
- Full customisation support for actions combination (e.g. if action A implies action B, do not log action B)
The documentation is hosted on readthedocs. You’ll find a quick start and the description of all django-actrack’s advanced features.