Enforces a couple of common authentication policies for the Django web framework.
A future version of this package will get a new name and will become Django independent, with an optional Django integration module(s).
Django Auth Policy is a set of tools to enforce various authentication policies when using the Django Web Framework (http://www.djangoproject.com/).
Available policy rules:
- disable users that did not login for a certain amount of time;
- temporarily lock-out users with too many failed login attempts;
- temporarily lock-out IP addresses with too many failed login attempts;
- enforce a minimum password length;
- enforce password complexity rules;
- require a password change after a certain period;
- require a password change when a temporary password has been set, eg. when the user administrator provides passwords for (new) users.
Every policy can be disabled and many configuration options are available, see django_auth_policy/settings.py.
Documentation is currently very limited and available in the “docs” directory.
To run the test suite run run-tests.py or tox.