A simple Django app for managing a bird breeding colony
bird-colony is a Django application used to manage bird colonies (including breeding colonies).
You may find that it can also be used for non-avian species.
The admin interface is the primary tool used to create and update bird records, but there is a growing collection of views that can be used to browse the database and perform common updates (like adding clutches).
bird-colony is licensed for you to use under the Gnu Public License, version 3. See COPYING for details
### Quick start
1. Install the package from source: `python setup.py install`. Worth putting in a virtualenv.
1. Add `birds` to your INSTALLED_APPS setting like this:
INSTALLED_APPS = (
2. Include the birds URLconf in your project urls.py like this::
3. Run `python manage.py migrate` to create the birds models.
4. Start the development server and visit http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/birds/
to create birds, events, etc. (you'll need the Admin app enabled).
5. Visit http://127.0.0.1:8000/birds/ to use views.
In the 0.4.0 release, the primary key for animal records became the animal's uuid. To migrate from previous version, data must be exported as JSON under the 0.3.999 release and then imported under 0.4.0
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|django_bird_colony-0.5.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (21.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5||Oct 27, 2017|
|django-bird-colony-0.5.6.tar.gz (25.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 27, 2017|