Cache management for Django.
This is a Django application that adds management commands for managing your caches.
It has been tested with these combinations:
- Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9 and Django 2.2, 3.0, 3.1.
This code is currently used in production.
It provides these commands:
- listcaches: lists the caches configured in your Django project.
- pingcache: verifies that one or more caches are accessible (“pings” them).
- clearcache: clears one or more caches.
- Fix setup.py to avoid packaging the folders that pertain only to development.
- Drop support for Django 1.1. It reached EOL.
- Drop support for Python 3.5. We’re two weeks away from its EOL.
- Formally test on Python 3.6 and 3.8.
- Formally test on Django 3.0 and 3.1. (It was already compatible but now tox run tests on these versions.)
- Don’t use or require six anymore. It was an oversight that it stayed in after we dropped support for Python 2.7.
- Formally support Django 2.2. (This package already worked fine on it.)
- Drop support for Django 2.0. It reached EOL.
- Drop support for Python 2.7 and 3.4.
- Drop support for Django versions prior to 1.11. This is a breaking change and so require a new major number.
- Formally support 1.11, 2.0 and 2.1. (This package already worked fine on them.)
- Formally follow the semver spec for version numbers. Previous version numbers were bumped haphazardly.
- Drop support for Django 1.7.
- Fix problems with running on Django 1.10. Version 1.0.1 was supposed to support Django 1.10 but I discovered, much to my displeasure, that tox silently disregarded the disconnect between its test specification (“please install Django 1.10.x”) and a mistake in setup.py (“I want a Django version lower than 1.10”). The net result was that the tests that were supposed to be done with 1.10 were done with a lower version… sigh.
- listcaches now supports the case where the configuration settings for caches contain unserializable values.
- Added formal support for Django 1.9, 1.10. The previous version was already running fine on them, but the dependencies and the test setup have been tweaked for these versions of Django.
- Drop support for Django 1.6.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-cache-management-5.0.0.tar.gz (4.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django-cache-management-5.0.0.tar.gz