Cache management for Django.
This is a Django application that adds management commands for managing your caches.
It has been tested with these combinations:
- Python 2.7, 3.4 and 3.5 and Django 1.8, 1.9, 1.10.
This code is currently used in production.
It provides these commands:
- listcaches: lists the caches configured in your Django project.
- pingcache: verifies that one or more caches are accessible (“pings” them).
- clearcache: clears one or more caches.
- Formally follow the semver spec for version numbers. Previous version numbers were bumped haphazardly.
- Drop support for Django 1.7.
- Fix problems with running on Django 1.10. Version 1.0.1 was supposed to support Django 1.10 but I discovered, much to my displeasure, that tox silently disregarded the disconnect between its test specification (“please install Django 1.10.x”) and a mistake in setup.py (“I want a Django version lower than 1.10”). The net result was that the tests that were supposed to be done with 1.10 were done with a lower version… sigh.
- listcaches now supports the case where the configuration settings for caches contain unserializable values.
- Added formal support for Django 1.9, 1.10. The previous version was already running fine on them, but the dependencies and the test setup have been tweaked for these versions of Django.
- Drop support for Django 1.6.