Currencies & echange rates for django projects
Django currencies and exchange rates for django projects
You need a key from http://openexchangerates.org/ to get the echange rates
- Currencies and exchange rates models
- Exchange rates with diferent rates for diferent dates
- Load automatically currencies and rates from http://openexchangerates.org/
- Add "currency_rates" directory to your Python path.
- Add "currency_rates" to the INSTALLED_APPS tuple found in your settings file.
- Add OPENEXCHANGERATES_APP_ID to your setting file with an app key from http://openexchangerates.org/
- Run manage.py syncdb to create the new tables or manage.py migrate is you are using South
- Run manage.py load_currencies to load currencies from http://openexchangerates.org/
- Run manage.py load_rates to load current eschange rates from http://openexchangerates.org/
Migrate to v0.3
On version v0.3 we changed the curency name length from 25 to 50 and we adopted south for the schema migrations.
If you have installed django-currency-rates version v0.1 or v0.2 and want to migrate, first you have to install South update the django-currency-rates app and then you have to execute the first migration as fake with
./manage.py migrate currency_rates 0001_initial --fake ./manage.py migrate currency_rates