This package is used in conjunction with the jQuery plugin (http://http://datatables.net/), and supports state-saving detection with (http://datatables.net/plug-ins/api). The package consists of a class-based view, and a small collection of utilities for rendering table data from models.
This package is used in conjunction with the jQuery plugin DataTables, and supports state-saving detection with fnSetFilteringDelay. The package consists of a class-based view, and a small collection of utilities for rendering table data from models.
This is a fork of the 0.8.3 release that has been updated to be compatible with Django >= 2.0.
This fork is useful if you would like to use django-datatable-view without jumping to the 0.9/1.0 release which has a number of changes in the structure of datatableview. If you are starting out a new project, you are better off working with the latest official release.
Features at a glance
- DatatableView, a drop-in replacement for ListView that allows options to be specified for the datatable that will be rendered on the page.
- Verbose names as column headers
- Customizable table headers
- Compound columns (columns representing more than one model field)
- Columns backed by methods or callbacks instead of model fields
- Easy related fields
- Automatic searching support
- Ajax paging
- Zero queries on initial page load (no queryset evaluation is done until AJAX requests)
- Multiple tables on the same view
- Non-DatatableView showing a table powered by another view
- 100% customization for all cell values
- Ajax search
- Search data fields that aren’t present on the table
- Customization hook for each row’s JSON object
- Customization hook for full JSON response object
- Drop-in x-editable support, per-column
- Customizable table templates
- Easy Bootstrap integration
- Library of common column markup options
- Full test suite
Demos & Examples
There is an example project wrapped up inside of the tests component of the resuable app, which can be executed using the following basic setup:
$ git clone https://github.com/utapyngo/django-datatable-view.git $ cd django-datatable-view $ mkvirtualenv datatableview (datatableview)$ pip install -r requirements.txt (datatableview)$ datatableview/tests/example_project/manage.py migrate (datatableview)$ datatableview/tests/example_project/manage.py runserver
The example project is configured to use a local sqlite3 database, and relies only on the django-datatable-view app itself. In fact, it disables the normal django.contrib apps (except for django.contrib.staticfiles, so that the dev server can serve the included statics) and disables all default middleware but the CommonMiddlware and CsrfViewMiddleware (the latter for supporting the x-editable demonstrations.)
A public online version of the example project can be found here:
- Alexandr Artemyev
Copyright and license
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Pivotal Energy Solutions. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|django-datatable-view-compat-0.8.3.tar.gz (42.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Dec 22, 2017|